Hello and welcome to Mariel Moves!
I’m Mariel, a twenty something Michigander, turned Chicagoan turned Phoenician. I started this blog after reading healthy living/eating blogs for quite some time and decided to join the community…and I have to admit, it’s been a rocky road. I’ve been notorious of giving this blogging thing a go and not actually following through long term. This time though, I’m going to make my blog a priority, for real. This time around, this blog will take you through my trials and tribulations as I balance working a full-time job, honing in on my running and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But first…
…let’s start from the beginning…bullet style:
- Born and raised in northern Michigan in a small little town I’m proud to call home; Ludington.
- Attended Western Michigan University (Go Broncos!) and finished with a degree in Organizational Communication in Dec 2007.
- Met some amazing friends at WMU and made some amazing memories and also met (then future) husband Justin. (He might argue that was the best part of my college career)
- Upon graduation from WMU, moved to Chicago with Justin. (without jobs…WHAT were we thinking?!?!)
- Lived in probably the worst studio apartment you could imagine (read: outrageous rent and a kitchen you wouldn’t touch with a 5 foot spatula)
- Found jobs to pay the rent, (finally!) made the move to an upgraded apartment and called Chicago home for about 3 years.
- After landing jobs we loved and experiencing all that Chicago had to offer we decided that we were OVER winter…so why don’t we move somewhere where it’s actually WARM all the time? (Enter, Phoenix)
- The rest as they say, is history…
Now-a-days I’m living life in the valley of the sun with my husband Justin and our amazing dog Peanut; trying to find a balance between being a dedicated professional, a newly wed, staying fit and still having a bit of fun. I’m constantly struggling to juggle family, friends, work, exercise, cooking and finding some time for myself; this blog will chronicle all of that (ups, downs, everything in between). I firmly believe that life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it, and I’ll try to portray how I live by that mindset here.
So that’s me in a nutshell, but don’t be a stranger! Feel free to leave me your comments, feedback or drop me a line (marielmoves at gmail dot com). I’m ready to embark on this new blogging adventure…for good this time!
Please Note:This blog follows my daily life, as I experiment with health, fitness, cooking and other adventures that come my way. I am in no way a licensed nutritionist, Registered Dietician (RD), professional or Doctor and my views and opinions should be treated as just that, my personal views and opinions based on my personal knowledge.